The Rockford Sportsman’s Club does not allow any loaded firearms on the Club premises unless on a shooting range firing line. Exceptions are as follows: 1) Those individuals with a CPL issued by the state of Michigan or any other state. 2) Any law enforcement individual granted permission to use the range. Either current on duty or off duty.
- Members Only. A current Full Member must accompany all guests.
- Range Hours shall be 10:30 am to 9:30 pm.
- NO Drinking of alcoholic beverages on the range grounds.
- NO Smoking inside of Club structures.
- Eye and Ear protection required at all times on the ranges.
- Treat all firearms as if they were loaded at all times.
- Actions of uncased firearms must be kept open except when on the firing line ready to fire.
- Keep the muzzle of the firearm pointed in a safe direction at all times, and down range.
- Do not fire shot shells at the backer board. Shot gun slugs for sight-in is permitted.
- No rapid fire in excess of five (5) rounds.
- No shooting of cans, bottles, clay birds, milk jugs, cartons, etc. Where backer board ranges are provided. Paper targets on back stands only.
- No shooting above target stands.
- All shooters are to pick up and dispose of litter.
- Clear all used targets from the backer boards when done shooting and dispose of them in the trash receptacles.
- Sweep up the shooting paddock area when you are done shooting.
- Please help keep YOUR CLUB range clean, neat and safe.
- $2.00/day per member.
- $2.00/hour per non-member.
- Obey Range Officer at all times, don’t retrieve arrow in front of firing line until directed.
- Follow the appropriate whistle commands. Respect all shooters on the line.
- Nock Arrows only on the firing line and always pointed down range.
- Field Points only, No broad heads.
- Tie back loose hair, Remove loose Jewelry. These things can get caught in bow string.
South Pistol Range
- No Center Fire Rifles (Pistols and 22s only)
- Shoot as close to berm/hill/dirt as possible. (Cowboy’s and Neighbors are down range)
- Shoot Plywood/OSB only with targets at chest level.
25/50 Yard Range
- Pistols, rifles, shotguns OK
- Cardboard for turning targets overhead (and bean bags)
- Shoot plywood/OSB and cardboard only. Place targets at the same height as shooting position. This ensures hitting the berm/hill.
100/200 Yard Range
- Pistols, rifles and shotguns OK
- Range shared with Cowboys. Please check Cowboy area before shooting.
- Shoot Plywood/OSB only. Place targets at the same height as shooting position. This ensures hitting the berm/hill.
- Neighbor is downrange. Please, bullets must hit berm/hill/dirt and stay on property.
- Gates should indicate when range is in use. Please Check.
- Rounds are 800 feet per second or less, lead bullets only
Trap/Skeet and 5 Stand
- Shotgun with 7 1/2 or smaller shot
- Load one shell at a time, or two for doubles (skeet/5 Stand)
- In the State of Michigan you must be at least 21 years of age to shoot a pistol without a legal parent or guardian present.
- Please try not to shoot frames/supports/cross rails.
- Actions must be open except when shooting.
- Must not handle gun while people are downrange.
- Check Calendar before coming out.
- Be aware, Bullet can skip off ground and leave the range/property.
All of us are in charge of safety. Work together, let’s have fun.