The Rockford Sportsman’s Club (RSC) was founded in 1945 by returning veterans of WWII who were all sports and outdoor enthusiasts from the Rockford area. From its early meetings at the Corner Bar in Rockford, RSC has grown to its current membership of over 200 families. We are located in Rockford on Northland Drive just north of 13-Mile road with approximately 40 acres of land. Being located close to US131 and on Northland Drive we are just minutes away from Grand Rapids, Sparta, Comstock Park, Belmont, Walker and the surrounding areas. Our club-house, shoot building and other facilities have been built through many hours of volunteer labor by active members.
The purpose of RSC is to promote the conservation of natural resources, fish and wildlife; to teach and promote conservation, hunter safety, sportsmanship; and to provide opportunities for fellowship of outdoor minded individuals through club activities and participation in the shooting sports.
Rockford Sportsman’s Club offers Trap, Skeet, 5-Stand, Pistol & Rifle Leagues, Cowboy Action Shooting, IDPA Style Defensive Pistol Shooting and many educational classes that are open to the public. See our Activities page and Calendar for details.
RSC is on Facebook
- October 15, 2014
- ALL RANGES RESERVED FOR MEMBERS - NO LEAGUES OR SCHEDULED EVENTSStarts: 12:00 amEnds: November 16, 2014 - 12:00 amLocation: ALL RANGES RESERVED FOR MEMBERSDescription: All of RSC ranges are reserved for members. No other events may take place on the ranges during daylight hours.
- October 25, 2014
- RSC Kids Halloween PartyStarts: 12:00 amEnds: October 26, 2014 - 12:00 amDescription: Linda Hamilton
- October 26, 2014
- Trap & Skeet Open to PublicStarts: 10:00 amEnds: October 26, 2014 - 2:00 pmLocation: Dan Vincent - RAMAGE61@charter.net
- October 27, 2014
- Trap & Skeet open to publicStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: October 27, 2014 - 9:00 pmLocation: Dan Vincent - RAMAGE61@charter.netDescription: Open to public
- Skeet field
- Trap field with wobbler
- Combination Skeet and Trap field
- Covered 100/200 yard Rifle Range
- Covered 25/50 yard Pistol and Rifle Range
- Six station (stationary or timed & rotating) targets
- Covered 25 yard Pistol Range
- Cowboy Shooting Area