The Rockford Sportsman’s Club (RSC) was founded in 1945 by returning veterans of WWII who were all sports and outdoor enthusiasts from the Rockford area. From its early meetings at the Corner Bar in Rockford, RSC has grown to its current membership of over 200 families. We are located in Rockford on Northland Drive just north of 13-Mile road with approximately 40 acres of land. Being located close to US131 and on Northland Drive we are just minutes away from Grand Rapids, Sparta, Comstock Park, Belmont, Walker and the surrounding areas. Our club-house, shoot building and other facilities have been built through many hours of volunteer labor by active members.
The purpose of RSC is to promote the conservation of natural resources, fish and wildlife; to teach and promote conservation, hunter safety, sportsmanship; and to provide opportunities for fellowship of outdoor minded individuals through club activities and participation in the shooting sports.
Rockford Sportsman’s Club offers Trap, Skeet, 5-Stand, Pistol & Rifle Leagues, Cowboy Action Shooting, IDPA Style Defensive Pistol Shooting and many educational classes that are open to the public. See our Activities page and Calendar for details.
RSC is on Facebook
- Work Day 8 AM - NoonStarts: 8:00 amEnds: August 27, 2016 - 12:00 pm
- CMP - 100/200 RangeStarts: 9:00 amEnds: August 27, 2016 - 2:00 pmLocation: Tim Hall email@example.com / Steve Gardner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Armstrong Natasha (deposit) Geo MayhakStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: August 28, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Trap & Skeet Open to PublicStarts: 10:00 amEnds: August 28, 2016 - 2:00 pmLocation: Dan Vincent - RAMAGE61@charter.net
- Pistol League 25/50 Starting 5pmStarts: 12:00 amEnds: August 29, 2016 - 11:59 pm
- Trap & Skeet open to publicStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: August 29, 2016 - 8:00 pmLocation: Dan Vincent - RAMAGE61@charter.netDescription:
Open to public
- Range Maintenance - Cowboy Bowl/Rifle/PistolStarts: 8:00 amEnds: August 31, 2016 - 12:00 pmLocation: Cowboy Bowl, 100-200 yd rifle, S pistol RangesDescription:
2016 Gun Gala & Raffle
The 2016 Gun Gala & Raffle is scheduled for September 24th this year. The $30/person cost includes dinner plus Gun & Door Prize raffle tickets worth $20. Along with the many door prizes there will be at least 14 firearms won by lucky attendees!!!
- PUBLIC WELCOME
The brochure includes the list of firearms, the menu and how to obtain tickets for the event.
Click here to download: RSC Gun Gala 2016
CMP Fall/Winter League
The first match of the CMP Fall/Winter League is Saturday the 27th from 10 AM to 2 PM. Non-League shooters are welcome, as always!
We’re adding a new wrinkle to the Fall/Winter League. Shooters of M-1 Garands may choose to participate in a “Garand Challenge”. This will be a Course “B” (200 yd) competition fired concurrently with the regular league. Entry fees will be as normal, except that “Garand Challenge” shooters will pay an additional $5.00 with their League fee. This will create a “pot” that will be paid to the winner(s) of the “Garand Challenge” upon completion of the league. “Garand Challenge” shooters will also qualify for regular league awards.
One or more Garands may be available for use by a shooter who doesn’t currently own one. Please contact me (616 745-7800) in advance of the match if you are interested.
Click here to download the latest Militaty League Flyer: CMP 2016-2017 FLYER 08
- Three Skeet fields
- Two Trap fields a wobbler and a doubles
- Combination Skeet and Trap field
- Covered 100/200 yard Rifle Range
- Covered 25/50 yard Pistol and Rifle Range (Handicap Accessible)
- Ten station – stationary or timed & rotating targets
- Covered 25 yard Pistol/Rimfire Range
- Action Range for Cowboy & Defensive Pistol Shoots