The Rockford Sportsman’s Club (RSC) was founded in 1945 by returning veterans of WWII who were all sports and outdoor enthusiasts from the Rockford area. From its early meetings at the Corner Bar in Rockford, RSC has grown to its current membership of over 200 families. We are located in Rockford on Northland Drive just north of 13-Mile road with approximately 40 acres of land. Being located close to US131 and on Northland Drive we are just minutes away from Grand Rapids, Sparta, Comstock Park, Belmont, Walker and the surrounding areas. Our club-house, shoot building and other facilities have been built through many hours of volunteer labor by active members.
The purpose of RSC is to promote the conservation of natural resources, fish and wildlife; to teach and promote conservation, hunter safety, sportsmanship; and to provide opportunities for fellowship of outdoor minded individuals through club activities and participation in the shooting sports.
Rockford Sportsman’s Club offers Trap, Skeet, 5-Stand, Pistol & Rifle Leagues, Cowboy Action Shooting, IDPA Style Defensive Pistol Shooting and many educational classes that are open to the public. See our Activities page and Calendar for details.
General Membership Meetings are held at 7:15 P.M. on the first Tuesday of each month. (Public Welcome)
The Board of Directors meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 P.M. Board meetings are open to members and invited guests.
RSC is on Facebook
- Trap & Skeet open to publicStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: January 20, 2020 - 8:30 pmLocation: Dan Vincent - RAMAGE61@charter.netDescription:
Open to public
- Winter League 2020 5-9pmStarts: 12:00 amEnds: January 20, 2020 - 11:59 pm
- RSC Board MeetingStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: January 21, 2020 - 8:00 pmLocation: Shoot BuildingDescription:
RSC Board or Directors meeting. Chairman of the Board: Barbara Blough email@example.com
- Trap & Skeet Open to PublicStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: January 23, 2020 - 8:30 pmLocation: Dan Vincent - RAMAGE61@charter.net
- Winter League 2020 5-9pmStarts: 12:00 amEnds: January 23, 2020 - 11:59 pm
Most activities are open to the public and allow one time shooters.
For details (schedule, cost, hardware, etc) click the title:
- Trap, Skeet and 5-Stand
- Scholastic Clay Target (SCTP Youth Shoot)
- Defensive Pistol
- Military (CMP) League
- 22 LR Rifle League
- 22LR Reactive Target Competition
- RCSA Rimfire Challenge
- Cowboy Action Shooting
- Hunter Safety Classes
- Three Skeet fields
- Two Trap fields a wobbler and a doubles
- Combination Skeet and Trap field
- Covered 100/200 yard Rifle Range
- Covered 25/50 yard Pistol and Rifle Range (Handicap Accessible)
- Ten station – stationary or timed & rotating targets
- Covered 25 yard Pistol/Rimfire Range
- Action Range for Cowboy & Defensive Pistol Shoots